8.16.2007

everyone knows that i'm in over my head...


even though i didn't know that everything was falling through,
everyone i knew was waiting on cue
to turn and run when what i needed
was the truth. that's how it's gotta be?

it's coming down to nothing more than apathy.
i'd rather run the other way than stay and see
the smoke and who is still
standing when it clears

everyone knows that i'm in over my head.
there's 8 seconds left in overtime and you're on my mind.

that i should rearrange.
i wish they were a stranger, i could disengage
just say that we agree and we'll never change
and we just get along...

disregard. find another friend. discard.
as we lose the arguments and a canyon comes between.

everyone knows that i'm in over my head...

suddenly, i become part of the past.

i'm losing them and it's effortless.

8 seconds left in overtime...and everyone knows what's on my mind...everyone knows i'm in over my head...


••it's coming down to nothing more than apathy••

No comments: